Jesus says that loving the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul and all your mind is the greatest commandment and the second is to love our neighbour as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-39)
Five Fascinating Facts about the word Love
1. The word "Love" appears somewhere between 310-810 times in the Bible depending on the translation. In the New International Version (NIV) it appears 551 times.
2. The use of the word "Love" is more frequent in the New testament than the Old testament (but only just)
3. There are four Greek words used in the Bible for "Love" Storge (love that is for a family member), Philio (love or bonding for a close friend), Eros (romantic love) and Agape (unconditional love from God)
4. John mentions "Love" the most out of the Gospel writers, 57 times in NIV. Plus he uses the word 46 times in his first letter (1 John).
5. The command to “Love one another” appears 11 times in the New testament; Jesus says it three times in two verses in John's Gospel.
Sarah's Bible Verse on Love
Jonathan's Bible Verse on Love
Sofi's Bible verse on love
Alexis' Bible Verse on Love
Ben's Bible Verse on Love
Ask God to show you a Bible verse about love or use a Bible search engine to find one.
Think and pray about how this verse applies today with the Corona virus.
Creatively find a way of writing the verse and what God says about it - this could be a poster, a video, bible journaling, writing a poem, writing a story. If you send it to us, we can share some of your pictures on this site next week.
Share what you have discovered with another person.
Service Plan Created for Free using Church Service Planner.
Share This Page With Friends & Family
Use the links below to share this page on social media